Author: Kidd, Randy
Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC
Number of Pages: 192
As a cat lover, you may have considered using herbs as part of your pet's health-care regimen. Perhaps you've wondered:
- Are herbs really safe for use on my diabetic cat?
- Which plants are best to treat fleas, coughing, or arthritis?
- What's the best way to give my cat herbal remedies?
In this comprehensive guide, holistic veterinarian Randy Kidd offers thorough, up-to-date information on preventive care as well as immediate health problems. He also explains how to choose, make and administerthe best herbal preparations, and he provides at-a-glance information on more than 40 versatile herbs that will help you keep your favorite feline healthy and happy through every stage of life.
Table of Contents:
- Part 1: Introducing Herbs
- Introduction to Herbalism
- 10 Steps to Holistic Medicine for Cats
- Using Herbs for Health
- Learning about Herbs
- Delivery Systems
- Herbs for Organs, Systems, and Specials Conditions
- The Aging Body
- Arthritis and the Musculoskeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Ears
- The Eyes
- The Gastrointestinal System
- The Liver
- The Nervous System
- The Reproductive System (Neutered Cats)
- The Reproductive System (Non-neutered Cats)
- The Respiratory System
- The Skin
- The Thyroid
- The Urinary System
- The Herbal Repertory
- Organ System Tonic Herbs
- Herbs for Specific Conditions