Cranberries are native to the cooler regions of the United States, Canada and portions of Europe and Asia. They are grown commercially in the United States as a food source and for their use in nutraceutical and cosmeceutical applications.
Organic Cranberry Seed Oil is gaining increasing attention by cosmeceutical manufacturers and the spa and aromatherapy industries due to its significant content of nutritive components including essential fatty acids and antioxidants. It is an extremely stable lipid that has redefined performance and stability standards for oils rich in essential fatty acids.
Our superior quality, unrefined, extra virgin Organic Cranberry Seed Oil is carefully sourced and packaged to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this remarkably nutritive, cold pressed oil.
Organic Cranberry Seed Oil easily penetrates the skin and is highly moisturizing. It is rich in tocotrienols and tocopherols (Vitamin E) and other antioxidants. Testing indicates that Organic Cranberry Seed Oil possesses the highest quantity of tocotrienols of any vegetable oil. It possesses a unique balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9 essential fatty acids not found in other oils. Organic Cranberry Seed Oil can aid in the relief of itchy, scaly, irritated skin conditions. It also contains a significant amount of Vitamin A. Organic Cranberry Seed Oil is rapidly gaining recognition as a choice ingredient for inclusion in hair care formulations intended to strengthen and moisturize the hair and scalp. Its strong antioxidant properties and stable shelf life can help to extend the life of more fragile ingredients included within the same formulation.
Organic Cranberry Seed Oil Properties:
- Extra Virgin and Unrefined
- Medium Viscosity
- Absorbs Quickly, Non-Greasy
- Sweet, Mild, Pleasant and Slightly Nutty Aroma
- Dark Golden to Green Hue
- Strong Antioxidant
- Potent Source of Vitamin E
- Alpha Tocotrienol: 21mg/100g
- Beta Tocotrienol: 1 mg/100g
- Gamma Tocotrienol: 200mg/100g
- Alpha Tocopherol: 6mg/100g
- Gamma Tocopherol: 8mg/100g
- High in phytosterols, phospholipids
- Rich in Vitamin A
- Unique balance of Omega 3, 6 and 9 Fatty Acids
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) C18:3 22-35%
- Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) C18:2 35-45%
- Oleic Acid (Omega-9) C18:3 20-25%
- Stable Shelf Life
- Can Help Stabilize Other More Fragile Oils in Formulations
Organic Cranberry Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Skin Care
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
- Lip Care
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%