Author: Kidd, Randy
Publisher: Storey Publishing, LLC
Number of Pages: 192
As a dog lover, you may have considered using herbs as a part of your pet's health-care regimen. Perhaps you've wondered:
- Are herbs really safe for use on my older dog?
- Which plants are best for dogs with hot spots, hip dysplasia, and anxiety?
- What's the best way to give my dog herbal remedies?
In this comprehensive guide, holistic veterinarian Randy Kidd offers thorough, up-to-date information on gentle, chemical-free treatments for preventive care as well as immediate health problems. he also explains how to choose, make, and administer the best herbal preparations, and he provides at-a-glance information on more than 40 versatile herbs that will help you keep your pooch healthy and happy through every stage of life.
Table of Contents:
- Part 1: Introducing Herbs
- Introduction to Herbalism
- 10 Steps to Holistic Medicine for Dogs
- Using Herbs for Health
- Learning about Herbs
- Delivery Systems
- Herbs for Organs, Systems, and Specials Conditions
- The Aging Body
- Arthritis and the Musculoskeletal System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Ears
- The Eyes
- The Gastrointestinal System
- The Liver
- The Nervous System
- The Reproductive System (Neutered Dogs)
- The Reproductive System (Non-neutered Dogs)
- The Respiratory System
- The Skin
- The Thyroid
- The Urinary System
- The Herbal Repertory
- Tonic Herbs
- Herbs for Specific Conditions