Stefanie's Favorite Recipe
of Fort Lee, NJ
Emu Oil Soap
16.8 oz. Olive Oil (28%)
12 oz. Coconut Oil (20%)
9 oz. Palm Oil (15%)
7.2 oz. Emu Oil (12%)
3.6 oz. Castor Oil (6%)
3 oz. Avocado Oil (5%)
2.4 oz. Cocoa Butter (4%)
2.4 oz. Shea Butter (4%)
1.2 oz. Jojoba (2%)
1.2 oz. Sweet Almond Oil (2%)
23 oz. Distilled Water
8.14 oz. Lye (6% excess fat)
Fragrance and color optional
OBSERVE ALL STANDARD SAFETY PROCEDURES.
1. Weigh lye and water. Mix and set aside.
2. Weigh and melt hard oils in microwave. Add to pre-warmed crock.
3. Weigh and add liquid oils to crock.
4. Add lye/water to crock oils while stirring gently.
5. Bring to trace alternating between whisk and stick blender.
6. Cover and cook until done. Glop into mold.
7. Unmold and cut when cool.
Please Note: Most of the recipes included in
the Recipe Database have been generously submitted by our customers. We
are not able to test each recipe, and we cannot guarantee the results
that you may obtain. The recipes are meant to be used as a guideline and
source of inspiration, so please experiment in small batches. For soap
recipes that include lye, please be sure to check lye calculations prior
to trying the recipes. If you find that a recipe has not been calculated
properly, please let